The vaccine status report will be updated every Tuesday.
- 85% adults 18 plus have first dose – 30% have second dose
- Most administered in Community/Fixed site clinics and pharmacies
- By Age Group:
- 64% 12–17
- 60% 18–29
- 80% 30–59
- 95–100% of 60 plus
Get booking details on our COVID-19 Protection and Vaccines page.
- Anyone 12 plus is eligible to book a first or second dose (Pfizer and Moderna second dose 28 days after first dose – Astra Zeneca second dose 8 weeks after first)
- We have availability in our booking system but the call centre lines are busy
- We are offering some walk in appointments at selected clinics over the next few weeks – watch for details on our social media
- Continue to sign up for the contingency list every Tuesday
- We are running a Mega Mobile clinic today in Smiths Falls 11:00am–7:00pm where we attempt to vaccinate 1000 people
- We are hoping to get 80% of 12–17 year olds immunized by July 5 – we are at 64%. This will allow them to get a second dose and have immunity before school starts.
- Youth turning 12 this summer can book an appointment for any day on or after their birthday.
- We are extending our selfie contest for youth with more gifts cards as prizes.
- Youth can take advantage of walk in availability or book an appointment or go to a local pharmacy where they are offering Pfizer.
Interchangeability of Vaccines
- We continue to remind adults that both mRNA vaccines (Pfizer and Moderna) are interchangeable in effectiveness against COVID-19
- The best vaccine is the first one available to you
Remember it is important to continue to follow precautions if you have one or even two vaccine doses.
For more detailed information and FAQs about the vaccine visit the COVID-19 Protection and Vaccine section of our website.