- Of the region’s population 12 years of age and over, 88% have first doses and 77% have second doses (as of Aug 1, 2021).
- In youth 12-17, 75.3% have first doses and 46.7% are fully vaccinated
- 255,387 doses have been administered to residents with a permanent address in LGLDHU; with 136,501 being a first dose and 118,886 being a second dose.
- Our vaccination dashboard – will be updated next Tuesday, August 10th
Getting vaccinated is the best way to protect yourself, your friends & family and coworkers against the spread of COVID-19. A single dose of the mRNA vaccine is not as effective as two doses (33% versus 88%) at preventing symptoms from the Delta COVID-19 Variant that is circulating in Ontario now. Get both your doses to have the best protection!
How to Get Vaccinated
- All 12+ are eligible for a first dose anytime and can get a 2nd dose:
- 21 days after first dose of Pfizer
- 28 days after first dose of Moderna (18+)
- 8 weeks after first dose of AstraZeneca (18+)
· Walk in vaccinations are available at all clinics – we post on our website and on our social media pages
· More appointments continue to be available in all areas; book an appointment through the Leeds, Grenville and Lanark online booking portal or call Leeds, Grenville and Lanark Call Centre 1-844-369-1234
· Transportation is available if needed. Check our link online.
· Pharmacies have both Moderna and Pfizer – some have AstraZeneca for those who received it as a first dose. Check a participating pharmacy – you may have received a first dose at a pharmacy and did not get booked in for a second dose; you can get your second dose from any of the options posted here.
If you have an appointment in our clinics in September or later, please cancel and get an earlier appointment or walk in to any clinic – Submit cancellation requests online. Our staff are working to contact those with booked appointments by phone or email.
There is still time for students to get vaccinated this week in order to be protected by the time school starts. Pfizer for youth 12-17 is available at all clinics. Our second Instagram Selfie Contest closes tomorrow – get your photos in by noon on August 4th! (@lglhealthunit.z). Starting Thursday, youth can also qualify for a prize in our third contest if they post a selfie with their reason for getting vaccinated. More details will be available here: https://healthunit.org/health-information/covid-19/protection/youth-clinics/
At this time, there are no 3rd doses needed or available.
Remember it is important to continue to follow precautions if you have one or even two vaccine doses. We need to keep protecting each other until we are all fully vaccinated.
For more information on COVID-19 vaccines, visit: https://healthunit.org/health-information/covid-19/protection/