For a change of pace, today we’re going to look at some postcards of Westport from the 1930’s. Places like Castle’s Jewelry Shop (which was located on Church Street) and various stores around the village would sell postcards of local sites to the vacationing masses. The following three photos were given to the museum many years ago from an anonymous donor.
Church Street (circa the 1930’s)
Another view of Church Street
Main Street after the Post Office was built in 1935.