Leeds, Grenville and Lanark District Health Unit – December 14th
- For individuals 12 plus, our first dose vaccination rate was 94.8% last week and is 95.0% this week, and fully vaccinated rate was 92.7% and is 92.9% this week.
- For individuals 5 plus, our first dose vaccination rate is 90.0%, and fully vaccinated rate is 86.8%.
- Vaccination rate for 5 to 11 is 37% with a first dose – that is up from 16% last week
- As of December 12, 2021 a total of 322,490 vaccinations have been administered in the Leeds, Grenville & Lanark District Health Unit (LGLDHU) region.
- Our vaccination dashboard has all the details and will be updated again next Tuesday, December 21
- We have been assured by the province that there is ample supply of vaccine.
- We are working with our partners to open more appointments before Dec. 23.
- Our phone lines have also been very busy so we are encouraging people to check back with us later this week
· Also speak with a pharmacy about their availability for appointments. Some pharmacies and doctor’s offices vaccine. Check a participating pharmacy here or call your doctor’s office.
Third Dose Information
- Individuals ages 50 – 69 (born in 1952 to 1971) are eligible to book an appointment – consider a local pharmacy or doctor’s office as well as our vaccine clinics.
- Those eligible can get the third dose 6 months (minimum of 168 days) after their second dose – a date check tool is available just below the third dose eligibility information on our website.
- Check our website for eligibility and Health Care Workers can check their eligibility here
Vaccination of Children Ages 5 to 11
- An appointment can be booked at the Leeds, Grenville and Lanark online booking portal or call the local Call Centre at 1-844-369-1234 Monday to Friday from 8:30am to 4:30pm.
- If a child has symptoms or is getting tested, we advise their appointment be cancelled and rebooked for another day. Whether it is COVID-19 or not, the child is fighting an infection and the vaccine may not yield the best response.
- Individuals who would like to have the J&J vaccine must contact their health care provider for access to the vaccine.
- Our local Call Centre can provide support for residents who wish to access their COVID-19 vaccine receipt.
- For more information on COVID-19 vaccines, visit the COVID-19 Protection and Vaccines section of our website.
· A list of upcoming clinics is available on our website: https://healthunit.org/health-information/covid-19/protection/vaccine-clinics/
General Vaccine Information