May 3, 2021
The new online Language Express Communication Checkup (CCU) makes it easy for parents in Lanark, Leeds and Grenville to check that their child’s development is on track, and to make a referral to Language Express if there are concerns. The CCU covers children from 6 months to 4 years of age and includes questions about speech, language, and global development, including red flags for Autism Spectrum disorder.
Earlier referrals lead to better outcomes. Studies show that intervention provided in the toddler and preschool years has more impact on a child’s future well-being and success in school than the same amount of intervention provided when the child is older. Language Express encourages all parents to complete the CCU every 6 months starting at 6 months of age.
Go to our website at www.language-express.ca and click on the “Communication Checkup” button.
Here’s how it works:
· Complete the CCU on your own or with help from a healthcare provider or early years professional.
· Get instant results based on how you answer the questions.
· Get recommended next steps to support your child’s development.
· Print or save results to share with your family physician or nurse practitioner.
· Complete a referral to Language Express online.
· Our phone line is still open for questions and for parents who prefer to make a referral by phone: 1-888-503-8885.
For more information visit our website or contact the Language Express office at 1-888-503-8885.
Contact: Catherine Robinson, Language Express Coordinator, at 613-283-2740, x2260 or 613-206-1700.