- From May 17, 2021– May 23, 2021 : 7850 individuals received their first dose of vaccine this week and 508 individuals received their second dose of vaccine
- A total of 65,686 individuals have received at least one dose of the Pfizer, Moderna or AstraZeneca Vaccine (either through one of our fixed sites, the KHSC Clinic, the Ottawa Hospital Clinic, one of our mobile clinics/teams or through local primary care offices) since our roll out started **This number does not include those that received vaccines in a participating Pharmacy or in another Health Unit area.
Booking an appointment:
- Appointments are available for those 12 years of age and over in the Provincial and LGL Booking System – If you don’t immediately see appointments available, please keep trying as more availability will be added to the system when more vaccine is received or appointments have been cancelled.
- Second dose appointments are also available for those that reach their 16 week interval or that qualify for an earlier dose (see https://healthunit.org/health-information/covid-19/protection/)
- A new weekly contingency list program offers up last minute doses to those in the priority groups. Signs up each week between Tuesday at 8am and Wednesday at 430pm to be called.
Vaccines for Youth 12-17
- Planning is underway for 12-17 Youth Clinics (week of June 14th and June 21st). More information will be sent out through the school boards and on our social media.
- An Outreach Team provides immunizations in homes for those that are bedbound or have severe mobility issues (must also be in an eligible category)
- Primary care are offering Moderna to 18+ in their offices
- Community clinic in Gananoque May 25th and Lanark June 11th.
- We continue to offer first doses and second doses to those newly admitted to LTCHs and Retirement Homes and first doses to residents and staff in other congregate living facilities.
- The province is proceeding with second dose administration of the AstraZeneca vaccine for those who received a first dose of AZ from March 10 to 19 in Ontario pharmacies during the week of May 24 (10 weeks after the first dose).
- Ontario Pharmacies have Pfizer and Moderna vaccine for first doses. Check https://covid-19.ontario.ca/vaccine-locations here to find one close to you.
Community and Mobile Clinics:
Update on Pharmacy Program