Leeds, Grenville & Lanark District Health Unit
March 22, 2021
The Health Unit will pause some services until April 9, 2021 to be able to effectively manage and contact trace positive cases of COVID-19, and to continue with the COVID-19 vaccine roll out. “This temporary change allows us to focus on managing the high volume of COVID-19 cases and high risk contacts while continuing to move forward with our COVID-19 vaccine distribution plan” explains Dr. Paula Stewart, Medical Officer of Health for the Leeds, Grenville and Lanark District Health Unit.
During this temporary change phone lines remain open from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., 7 days a week at 1-800-660-5853; and by calling 613-345-5685 after-hours for emergencies.
Temporary Changes to Services:
- SmarkWorks services are available at Brockville and Smiths Falls offices; and service can be requested at a different site if needed
- Coolers and sample bottles for well-water testing are available at Brockville and Smiths Falls offices
- Breastfeeding, sexual health, and non-COVID immunization clinics are cancelled. Clients with urgent breastfeeding, sexual health, or non-COVID immunization issues can contact the Health Unit at 1-800-660-5853
COVID-19 Services Available:
Case and Contact staff continue to complete case management and contact tracing for positive cases of COVID-19
- Case and Contact staff continue to complete case management and contact tracing for positive cases of COVID-19
- Outbreak staff continue to manage suspect and confirmed outbreaks of COVID-19
- Public Health Inspectors continue to complete high-priority inspections and respond to complaints
- COVID-19 vaccine clinics continue to operate as scheduled – For more information about eligibility and booking appointments, visit: https://healthunit.org/covid-19-vaccine/
- Assessment Centres are open for testing: https://healthunit.org/health-information/covid-19/assessment-testing-results/
Information about Health Unit services is available by visiting https://healthunit.org/service-changes/ or follow us on Facebook and Twitter @LGLHealthunit.