Leeds, Grenville & Lanark District Health Unit
The Ministry of Health announced that starting December 13th, 2021, they will be opening up eligibility for 3rd doses to those over 50 years old (Born in 1971 and before) at 168 days after their second dose. The third will provide added protection against symptoms of COVID-19 and hospitalizations. This is particularly important for people with chronic disease, e.g. diabetes, COPD, hypertension, stroke, kidney, heart disease, and neuromuscular diseases.
In addition, effective immediately individuals receiving dialysis (hemodialysis or peritoneal dialysis) are eligible to receive a third dose of the COVID-19 vaccine if it has been 56 days since their second dose. The province is recommending re-vaccination with a new COVID-19 vaccine primary series post-transplantation for individuals who receive hematopoietic stem cell transplants (HSCT), hematopoietic cell transplants (HCT) (autologous or allogeneic), and recipients of CAR-T-cell therapy, due to the loss of immunity following therapy or transplant. Contact your health care provider about getting the vaccine if you fit into one of these groups.
Individuals in the 50s and 60 age group are encouraged to first go to pharmacies or their health care provider for their third dose. This ensures that the community clinics have space for the 5 to 11 year old age group, and the 70 and older age groups who are at a higher risk of serious illness and hospitalization from COVID-19.
Booking Information on or after Dec. 13, 2021:
- Check a participating pharmacy or with your healthcare provider to see if they are providing COVID-19 vaccinations
- If you are unable to receive your 3rd dose at a pharmacy or from your healthcare provider, you can book at our local clinics:
- Appointments cannot be booked until AFTER 8am on Dec 13th
- Book an appointment at the Leeds, Grenville and Lanark online booking portal or call the local Call Centre at 1-844-369-1234.
- All LGL clinic appointments are in our local booking system NOT in the provincial booking system. You may book an appointment for a clinic outside of LGL region through the provincial system.
- A list of upcoming clinics is available on our website: https://healthunit.org/health-information/covid-19/protection/vaccine-clinics/