Westport In Bloom is an all volunteer, non-profit, group dedicated to keeping our village beautiful. We operate as a committee of Westport Council, with invaluable support from a heart-warming number of generous business and individual donors, and the help of countless volunteers from the community.
What We Do
- We fill Westport with flowers, in memorial planters and hanging baskets and gardens, and we raise money to pay for them and for their watering and maintenance
- We plant them in the Spring, and take them in for recycling in the fall
- We brighten our streets with Welcome to Westport banners, decorated with beautiful bright designs by local schoolchildren and our very own artist
- We have our school kids paint cheerful designs on garbage cans we buy and donate to the village
- We provide elegant waterfront housing for purple martins at the Westport Spring
- We sell top-quality trees at bargain prices every year and we plant dozens of them around the village ourselves
- And in the winter we decorate the village with lights on the Town Hall Christmas trees and dozens of hand-made swag and baskets around the Village
You Can Help!
Make a donation! In addition to the satisfaction that you gain from helping to build a more beautiful community, your donation of $20 or more entitles you to a tax receipt. When Westport blooms, everyone wins!
Sponsor a Planter or Hanging Basket
For $250, you can have the name of someone you love placed on a memorial planter or hanging basket in the heart of Westport for a three-year term.
- THANK YOU, EVERYBODY! Westport in Bloom’s tree sale this year has been an enormous success – to the extent that we are now sold out of virtually everything. As a result we are forced to close down operations as of this Friday, March 10 – victims of our own success! But it also means that we are going to be able to fill Westport with flower baskets, gardens and banners once again this summer, and for that we are enormously grateful. Trees can be picked up at Soho’s in Westport (43 Bedford Street, beside St Edward’s Church) from 9 to 12 am on Saturday, April 29; we’ll be in touch with all our customers about any final details or changes. If you missed your chance to order this year, send your email address to firstname.lastname@example.org so we can let you know as soon as our 2018 sale gets under way next winter. Thanks again – happy spring and happy planting!
Westport in Bloom
P.O. Box 142
By e-mail: email@example.com