View the website at: www.rslu.ca
Rideau St. Lawrence Utility bills may be paid by the following methods:
- In person, using cash, cheque (payable to Rideau St. Lawrence Distribution) or by debit card.
- By mailing your payment, using cash or cheque, to Box 68, Westport, ON K0G 1X0
- Online banking, using your Rideau St. Lawrence account number(s). Please make seperate payments to each account.
- Pre-Authorized Payment.
Questions? Please call toll-free 1-866-381-1841 or local 613-273-2191.
Some helpful information for power outages:
For outages in the Village of Westport, please call 613-273-2191 or after hours call: 1-866-276-1400
If the outage is beyond the boundaries of Westport Village (example; you are at a Rural Route Westport address, Rideau Lakes Twp., or South Frontenac Twp.) please call Hydro One at 1-800-434-1235.
Information about Retail Energy Contracts:
- If you are approached to sign or renew a electricity contract for your home or small business, it’s important to know who you’re dealing with. Energy company salespeople must wear an ID badge and give you a business card.
Four things to remember if you are approached to sign an energy contract:
Always make sure you get a business card and look at the salesperson’s ID badge first
Don’t share personal information (i.e. your electricity bill) unless you are sure you want to sign a contract
Carefully read the contract, disclosure statement and price comparison provided by the salesperson
The Ontario Energy Board or Rideau St. Lawrence Utilities do not go door to door
- Visit http://www.ontarioenergyboard.ca/OEB/Consumers/Energy+Contracts for more information
Water and Wastewater Rates
Rideau St Lawrence bills water and sewer charges to residents of South Dundas, Westport, Prescott and Edwardsburgh/Cardinal on behalf of those municipalities
|Water and Wastewater (Sewer) Rates – Village of Westport|
|Base Monthly Charges:|
|Use||Monthly Charge for Metered Water includes 17 c.m.||Monthly Charge for Metered Wastewater includes 17 c.m.||Total|
|General & Residential||$ 56.36||$ 67.90||$ 124.26|
|***A (Water) Capital Charge of $8.79 will be charged as an additional charge each month|
|Use||Monthly Charge for Incremental Consumption (Charge per 1000 gallons)||Monthly Charge for Incremental Consumption (Charge per 1000 gallons)||Total|
|General & Residential||$ 14.83||$ 15.98||$ 30.81|
|***A (Wastewater) Capital Charge of $8.79 will be charged as an additional charge each month|
|Example: Monthly charges based on 17 cubic meters $141.34|
|Wastewater Charge (fixed)||$ 67.90|
|Water Charge (fixed)||$ 56.36|
|Water Consumption (15 cubic meters)||$ 0.00|
|Wastewater Consumption (15 cubic meters)||$ 0.00|
|Capital Charge Water & Wastewater (Sewer) $8.79ea||$ 17.58|