The Licensing and Regulation of Dogs
- By-Law #85-12 – Licensing and Regulation of Dogs
- By-Law #97-4 To Amend the Dog Control By-Law 85-12
- By-Law 85-12 Amendment March 7 2016
2017 Dog Licences are now available:
- Purchase at Town Hall or by Mail: 2017 Application for Dog Licence
- The licence fee is $15 until March 31st, 2017 and then the price increases to $30. Receive a Pet Alert Decal with your purchase.
- Pet Alert Decals are also available to purchase for non-canine pets at $1.00 each.
Notice to Dog Owners of Westport
The running of dogs within the municipality is prohibited. The owner(s) of any dog running at large within the municipality shall be guilty of a breach of Dog By-law #85-12, and liable on conviction to a penalty in Section 11 of the By-Law of $50.00, exclusive of costs recoverable under the Provincial Offences Act.
Off-Leash Dog Park Rules
The fenced in area of the baseball diamond at Lockwood Memorial Field has been designated as an OFF-LEASH DOG PARK for the period of November 1, 2015 – April 30, 2016 according to By-law 15-13. All dog handlers using the fenced in specified area of the park must adhere to the Dog Park Rules.
Rabies Vaccination Clinic
2016 Rabies Vaccination Clinic – Wednesday, September 14, 2016 – 2:00 to 6:00 p.m. at Westport Fire Hall, 33 Spring Street. For more information and locations: 2016 Rabies Clinics Poster
The Village of Westport does not have a Cat By-Law
Nuisance Wild Life
Any concerns about nuisance wild life (eg: bears, coyotes, skunks, racoons, etc.) should be directed to The Ministry of Natural Resources at 1-800-667-1940